Jinpeng Ma, Ph.D.
Professor of Economics
Armitage Hall, Room 329
311 North Fifth Street
Camden, NJ 08102, USA
Phone: (856) 225-2919 and 6136
- Stony Brook University, 1989-1993, PhD
- China Agricultural University, 1984-1987, MS
- Huazhong Agricultural University, 1980-1984, BS
- Ph.D. Thesis: Strategy-proofness and the core in discrete markets
Advisors: Abraham Neyman and Pradeep Dubey
Members: Robert Aumann and Alvin Roth
- 2017-present: Professor with tenure, Department of Economics, Rutgers University-CCAS, Camden, NJ 08102.
- 2000-2017: Associate Professor with tenure, Department of Economics, Rutgers University-CCAS, Camden, NJ 08102.
- 1994-2000: Assistant Professor with tenure-track, Department of Economics, Rutgers University-CCAS, Camden, NJ 08102.
- Intermediate and Principles of Macroeconomics, Game Theory, Industrial Economics
- “Price Convergence under a Probabilistic Double Auction,” Forthcoming in Computational Economics, 2018. ( joint with Xiaojing Xu, Xiaoping Xie)
- “Convergence of Markovian price processes in a financial market transaction model, ” formerly “Markovian ?-Double Auctions,” Operational Research, 2017, 17(1), pp.239-273. (joint with Xiaojing Xu, Xiaoping Xie)
- “Convergence of Price Processes under two Dynamic Double Auctions,” (joint with Qiongling Li). Journal of Mechanism and Institution Design, 2016.
- “Value of Hedge and Expected Return, ’’ Applied Economics, 2016, February.
DOI:10.1080/00036846.2016.1139675. (joint with Max Tang, Yuming Wang)
- “The Singleton Core in the College Admissions Problem and its Application to the National Resident Matching Program,” Games and Economic Behavior, 69(2010), 150-164.
- “Strategy-Proofness and the Strict Core in a Market with Indivisibilities” International Journal of Game Theory, 1994(23), 75-83.
- “Matching in Marriage and Markets,’’ European Mathematical Society Newsletter no.89, 2013, 31-35 (feature article). (joint with Thomas Sjostrom)
Selected Working Papers
- “Stable and Envy-free Lottery Allocations for Affordable Housing“, submitted, 2018, (formally “Lottery Allocations and Games for Public Rental Apartments,” 2017, (with Zhan Wang and Hongwei Zhang)).
Selected Conference Presentations
- “Stable and Envy-free Lottery Allocations for Affordable Housing“, (with Zhan Wang and Hongwei Zhang), The 2018 International Conference in Honor of Robert Aumann and Eric Maskin and the 10th Annual Conference of the Israeli Chapter of the Game Theory Society, IDC, Herzliya, Israel, May 17, 2018.
Reviewer for Top Tier Journals
- American Economic Review, Econometrica, Games and Economic Behavior, Journal of Economic Theory, Review of Economic Studies, European Economic Review
Reviewer Top Fields Journals
- International Journal of Game Theory, Journal of Mathematical Economics, Social Choice and Welfare, Theory and Decision, Mathematical Social Science, Economic Theory, Discrete Applied Mathematics, Computational Economics
- Journal of Mechanism and Institution Design