Future career options may be determined not so much by the choice of the Economics major, but by your interests, skills, values, and types of work experiences acquired during college.
Regardless of your career aspirations, increase your marketability to employers through internships, related work experience, good grades, advanced coursework, and involvement in campus activities.
Students interested in internships and career opportunities can visit the Career Center for more information.
What Are RUC Grads Doing With Their Economics Degree?
The following is a sample of first jobs of Rutgers-Camden Economics majors:
- Universal Associate, The Vanguard Group
- Credit Analyst, Cannon Financial
- Veteran Service Rep., U.S. Government
- Financial Analyst, Towers Perrin
- Mortgage Counselor, Cendant Mortgage
- Senior Underwriter, Indymac Bank FSB
- Human Resources Coordinator, American Red Cross
- Customer Service Rep., Merrill Lynch