Selim Cakmakli, Ph.D.
Visiting Assistant Professor
Armitage Hall, Room 366
311 North Fifth Street
Camden, NJ 08102, USA
Phone: (856) 225-6765, ext. 6130
About Dr. Cakmakli
Dr. Selim Cakmakli is currently visiting assistant professor for the Department of Economics. He teaches macroeconomic principles and microeconomic principles at Rutgers University-Camden. He received his Ph.D. and MSc from Cukurova University, Adana/Turkey. He taught Econ courses at Mersin University, Turkey.
His field of interest includes history of macroeconomic thought, business cycles and structural breaks and economic geography.
- “Business Cycles and Economic Crises in the Turkish Economy” (with K. Lopcu), Logic of Our Age: The Individual and Society in the Market’s Grasp (Ed. Ş.A. Koç ve M.Şiriner Önver), London: IJOPEC, April 2015
- “Mainstream Economics Approaches in the face of Crises: A Critical Assessment (in Turkish)” (with E. Yıldırım) Toros University Journal of Social Science, 2, 2013, 1-22.
- “Size of Unemployment Problem in the Turkish Economy (in Turkish)”, Toros University Journal of Social Science, 1, 2013, 75-92
- “From Old to New Neoclassical Synthesis: A Literature Review (in Turkish)” (with E. Yıldırım,and F.Ö. Özkan) Ankara University SBF Journal, 66(4), 2012, 153-184
- “Business Cycles and Economic Crises in the Turkish Economy: A Comparative Study on before and after 1980(in Turkish)”,(with E. Yıldırım and K.Lopcu), Bilsay Kuruç’a Armağan (Ed. S. Şahinkaya and İ. Ertuğrul),Ankara: Mülkiyeleriler Birliği Yayınları, Nowember 2011
- “Open Economy New Keynesian Macroeconomic Model: The Case of Turkey” (with E. Yıldırım, and K. Lopcu), İktisat, İşletme ve Finans, 26(305),2011, 37-56.
- “A Keynesian Macro Economic Model: Application to Turkish Economy (in Turkish)” (with E. Yıldırım, K. Lopcu, and F.Ö. Özkan), Ege Academic Review, 10 (4), 2010, 1269-1277.
Research in Progress
- Business Cycles and Economic Crises in the Turkish Economy (with Kenan Lopcu), 2017
- Financial Capital Inflows and Bank Lending Channel in Turkey, 2017
- Capital Accumulation, Business Cycles and Economic Crises in the Selected Countries: A Theoretical and Empirical Investigation (with Kenan Lopcu)
- Location Decision of Multinational Firms and Transformation of Economic Geography, 2017
- Exchange Rate and Employment, 2017
- The Turkish Economy in the Neoliberal Era: Crises, Policies and Economics, Rutgers University 250-year Activity, Rutgers University-Camden, April 20, 2017.
- 50-220-102-04: Microeconomic Principles
- 50-220-102-04: Macroeconomic Principles
- 50-220-367-01: ST: Contemporary Economic Issues: Political Economy of Globalization